Cleanliness campaign was launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 nd October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi with an aim to make India clean. It will be befitting tribute to the father of Nation on his 150 th birth anniversary. However, it has been clearly declared that the campaign is not only the duty of the Government but each and every citizen of the country is equally responsible to keep the Nation clean.
In Navodaya perspective, we being Residential system should also focus on proper cleanliness, use of safe drinking water, good hygiene practices that enhance the well being of students, contribute to learning achievements and sustain a healthy school environment equity at the same time. It requires consistent efforts and effective channels of disseminating messages in the morning assembly, Prayer time, House meeting, through interaction and CCA competitions.
Effective implementation of cleanliness in JNV’s :-
- Cleanliness and maintenance of toilets and urinals at all times.
- Safe and adequate water in the campus.
- Medical care, regular bathing, washing of cloths, proper turn out is to be taken care at all times.
- Cleanliness of drainage system, sewer lines, septic tanks, overhead tanks, disposal of waste must be periodically carried out as per guidelines.
- Availability of requisite material for cleaning like brooms, dusters, brushes, wipers, disinfectant etc.
- Availability of cleaning schedule, inspection chart and its updated record.
- Daily cleanings are taking place in Classrooms, Hostels, Mess and surrounding area.
- The cleanliness of Library, Labs, smart class, Art room, Music room, staff room, Office and other activity rooms are up to the marks at all times.
- Principal, teachers, and staff Nurse ensure all the cleaning activities.
VARIOUS ACTIVITIES OF CLEANLINESS CONDUCTED DURING 2019-2020
- Ek Bharat Swatch Bharat
- Weekly time table of cleaning the whole campus on Sundays & holidays
- Class wise cleaning competitions
- House wise cleaning competitions
- Ploging run
- Making the campus free from single-use plastic
- Cleaning of the religious places like Masjid, Temple, Gurudwara, Churches, Village Panchayat, Primary health center under Pacesetting activities.
- Regular cleaning by Scout & Guide.
- Cleanliness awareness program by street play, speeches by staff & students in nearby Villages.
- By observing clean hand Day