The Navodaya Vidyalayas have been envisaged as pace setting institutions, centres of educational excellence, providing opportunities for development, not only to JNV students, but also to the children of neighbouring rural area schools through sharing of facilities. Leadership qualities and other educational concerns that are linked to community and national development are also inculcated through pace setting activities. Interaction of staff and students of JNV with their counterparts in neighbouring schools, participation in joint community efforts, adaptation of village for awareness programs are some of the pace setting activities under taken by Navodaya Vidyalayas.
Our Vidyalaya is a pace – setting institute which has proposed to take up the following pace – setting activities.
- Mass contact program by students to help eradicate illiteracy in the nearby village.
- Presentation of cultural items in the neighbouring schools to promote cultural integrity.
- To invite the neighbouring schools of the district to participate in various competitions organized by the school.
- Providing computer training to the teachers and students of neighbouring schools as part of computer literacy program.
- Mobile library to create awareness among the people about the importance of reading and learning.
- To join with the local P.H.C in organizing medical camps to create awareness among the people regarding health and hygiene.
- Friendly volley-ball and foot-ball matches between Vidyalaya team and local teams.
- Conducting environment awareness program in the locality.
- Campaigning and fund raising for the cause of communal harmony.
- Organizing science exhibition in collaboration with the state school.
- Inter-school quiz competition.
- Organizing inter-school Art and Painting competition.
- NFCH-rally and procession to bring out the Vigilance awareness among the people and help the needy children.