The Navodaya Vidyalayas have been envisaged as Pace Setting Institutions,centers of educational excellence , providing opportunities for development not only to Navodaya Vidyalaya students but also to the children of neighbouring rural area students through sharing of facilities. Leadrship qualities and other educational concerns that are linked to community and national development are also inculcated through pace setting activities. Interactions of staff and students of Navodaya Vidyalayas with their counterparts in neighbouring schools, participation in joint community efforts, adoption of a village for awareness programmes and sharing of educational facilities are some of the pace setting activities undertaken by Navodaya Vidyalyas.
The following pace setting activities during this academic sessions are:
- Awareness Programme of Health, Malnutrition, HIV AIDS etc.
- Inter - School Quiz Competition
- Campaigns for eradication of social evils like Alcoholism, Drug Abuse.
- Extending the facilities of the Vidyalaya as well as maths/ science coaching to the neighbourhood students.
- Workshop for housewives – Ecofriendly bags from tailoring waste
- Extending the facilities of Music/Art/Work Education departments to Neighbourhood school students.
- Training children for JNVST.
- Intensive campaign for Afforestation and Environmental Protection.
- Helping in community cleanliness drives.
- Organisation of community singing and cultural programmes for the neighbourhood school students.
- To inform villagers about various welfare and poverty eradication and health schemes sponsored by the government to derive the benefit.
- Extension of library facilities through mobile library.
- To prepare the children for participating in Independence day/ Republic day parade at Maniksha Ground.